Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Statement of Senator Orrin Hatch before the Senate Committee on Finance

Senator Orrin Hatch made this statement to the Senate Finance Committee two weeks ago.  I don't know how I missed it.  I actually found it, sadly, on Facebook.  This is an intellectual, concise, if not exhaustive listing of the constitutional problems with the Baucus health care bill which passed the Senate Finance Committee yesterday.  It expounds on issues which I raised in my recent post, States of Personal Privilege.

I have always liked Orrin Hatch.  He hasn't always impressed me as a staunch conservative, but he always conducts himself as a gentleman.  And who doesn't love a man who plays the piano and violin?  Tonight I have a new respect for him as a constitutional scholar and statesman.  Please click on the link and read the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment