Monday, January 11, 2010

Jim Treacher launches the DC Trawler blog today


Tucker Carlson launches his new website The Daily Caller today, which would have likely escaped my notice were it not for an important hiring decision he made in the process  Carlson selected one of my favorite bloggers to headline his new site's blog, The Daily Trawler.  Yes Jim Treacher (real name Sean Medlock) from the now inactive JimTreacher.com blog has been whisked away from Indianapolis to Washington, D.C. to become a prime time professional conservative blogger.

When Michelle Malkin hired Ed Morrissey to blog full time at Hot Air, I was very excited for him.  I knew that his readership would explode (which it has) and he would become a household name in the conservative community (which he has).  What I miss are the personal observations and stories that he shared with us at his personal blog, The Captain's Quarters.

At first blush, it appears that Carlson has given Treacher full rein to run the blog as he wishes.  I hope this is the case and that he doesn't lose his irreverent wit and personal touch that made his blog so special for eight years.

No comments:

Post a Comment